Sunday, June 22, 2008

OMG Look at this!!!!

k


So my grandma made these wonderful Zuchinni boats for lunch one day. They were so good i wanted to make them for dinner for my family one night. I got the recipe from her, but had to ask were she got her zuchinni from. Her zuchinni were much bigger than the ones that i had seen in the grocery stores. Her reply was that my Aunt Sheleen grew them in her garden. She then went on to tell me that my aunt and her family were so sick of zuchinni and gave my grandma some they did not want. Well i love zuchinni and asked that if she ever wanted to get rid of any more that i would take some. So i went to my grandmas house and and she told me that sheleen had left me zuchinni there. But she went on to tell me that she only had one left over and she was hoping it would be big enough to feed me, my husband and mother-n-law. I said it should be fine. Well i walked into the kitchen to get my zuchinni and this is what i saw the biggest zuchinni in the whole world. I looked at it and had to laugh for a minute because i had never seen a zuchinni so big before. I walked into the room and looked at my grandma and said if this is not enough food for three then we must eat like pigs. so anyways that is my story about the gigantic zuchinni. Thank you Sheleen for giving it to me. I can not wait to eat it. I took pics with a tape measure so everyone can see how big it really is. And yes that does say 15 inches. I guess i have never grew zuchinni before. Those of you that have must be laughing at me right now!!!I also took a pic of it next to my keyboard to get the true size of it!!

4 comments:

theleavittranch said...

Hry Jami oh my gosh if I new you wanted a big one and even write about it i would have given you the biggestone. There will be more don't worry you'll see what i mean by sick of zuccinni. Hope you enjoyed it and there will be MORE!

Bobby and Shanna said...

Sheleen... we want Zuchinni too.. Tracy says she wants a BIG ONE TOO...You gotta love my kids, thought they knew a little about vegatables.. sorry...But Jami, I hope you enjoy your BIG Zuchinni...

Kami Milliron said...

Wow, those are huge !

I cannot believe I am about to ask you this, because it drove me nuts when people would ask me this while I was pregnant with Douglas. BUT are you still preggers, or has that cute little Boy come out to play ?!

The Curry Family said...

That was one big zucchini! It was hilarious!